Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Soup"er Creamy Chicken Goodness- GAPS Style

"Soup"er Creamy Chicken Goodness- GAPS Style
 
I actually made this soup by accident.  I was trying to make a healthier version of a delicious soup I recently tried, and came up with something completely different, but totally delicious in it's own right.  I love creative 'disasters.'
 
 
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup celery, finely diced
4 tablespoons almond flour (or use blender and blend raw almonds)
2 cups zucchini, finely shredded (or other summer squash)
2-4 cups chicken stock (less for creamier soup, more for brothier soup)
1 cup carrots, finely shredded (when I make this soup again, I'll double shred the zucchini and carrots through my salad shooter)
1 cup chicken meat, cooked and diced
2 cups yogurt
1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon parsley
 
Saute the onion, garlic, and celery in butter over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.  Add the almond flour.  Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about 1 minute.  Slowly add chicken stock.  Add carrots, zucchini, and chicken.  Once the mixture thickens, add the spinach and seasonings,  Simmer until soup is heated through.  Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.  Salt to taste.  Serve and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment