Saturday, October 11, 2014

Favorite Sites for Finding Grain Free Options and Other Useful Things

Some of my favorite resources have been online blogs and I've listed them below:

I purchased two of Cara's cookbooks from her site and use them regularly.  She uses tons of coconut flour which I prefer to use as opposed to gluten free flours that often have beans in them and are hard to digest or almond flour which is high in phytic acid and can also be hard to digest. I also follow her on pinterest and she's always finding natural things I love.  http://www.healthhomehappy.com/ 

www.primallyinspired.com  She has a completely dorky picture of herself posted but I love the things she posts, both recipes and information.

www.realfoodrn.com This site I've used more for homemade products, but I've found several recipes I'd like to try.

www.rubiesandradishes.com I found tons of slow cooker meals on her site.

www.thankyourbody.com Recipes, homemade products, make up, cleaners, information, you name it she has it.

www.practical-stewardship.com Mostly recipes that I've used

www.savorylotus.com Recipes for food and products.

www.100daysofrealfood.com If you're doing full GAPS she's not the best source for recipes and information but she is AWESOME for real food recipes and suggestions.  Tons of packed lunch suggestions here...in fact she's had several contests for readers to enter for best packed lunch ideas so you get a huge variety of ideas.

www.holisticsquid.com Recipes and information, plus products.

www.wholenewmom.com Mostly recipes and how to's.

www.thepaleomama.com Mostly recipes.

www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com Katie only posts recipes, but they're not all GAPS friendly, or grain-free, so substitutes might be necessary.  She does have lots of delicious options that ARE grain-free and GAPS legal, and her desserts are healthier than the average sites.  She also posts lots of substitute possibilities.  She's vegan so her desserts never contain dairy, eggs, or meat (not necessarily a good thing), but she uses honey or stevia for sweeteners (she does use agave nectar which isn't the best, but it's easily substituted 1:1 with honey) and other whole ingredients.

If I remember more I'll add them!

No comments:

Post a Comment