Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday... Folding a Tidy Fitted Bed Sheet

I had a fantastic roommate several years ago that showed me the proper way to fold a fitted bed sheet so that it was just as tidy as the flat sheets and I have been forever grateful when I look at my tidy linen closet. 
How I do it:

I am demonstrating with a red fitted crib sheet, just for the sake of fitting it all in a picture, but the concept can be used on any size fitted bed sheet.











I place my index finger at the bottom of one corner...












and turn it inside out with my finger still at the corner on the inside.
I tuck the corner inside the upper corner so the bed sheet is now folded in half (my index finger is still in the corner).
Repeat on the other side.
Fold in half the opposite direction.
Fold in half again with the 'fitted' fold on the top and a little in from the straight folded edge.
Fold in half for the last time with the 'fitted' fold on the inside.  Now my fitted sheet fits just like a flat sheet in my linen closet.




No comments:

Post a Comment